In October 2001, I attended a meeting in Fukuoka, which is a Japanese port city on the southern island of Kyushu. It is on the western side of the island, and sits in a huge natural harbor. I didn't have too much time to get out and about, but I did spot a few choice things, which I have documented here. For more amusement, be sure to check out engrish.com.
- I want to park with these guys!
- Boeing 747 -- I choose you! I particularly like the pokeballs on
each of the engines!
- There were a couple of malls there. The first was the high
fashion "Superbrand City!" for all of your Louis Vutton and other
designer label needs. Then there was the other mall, where I found
the 100 yen store. In case you were wondering, there are about 100
yen to a buck. :-)
- The Hotel With has everything! Including an annex!
- When I was growing up, I always used to watch UltraMan and
AstroBoy. Now, thirty years later, I find them still going strong,
with their own respective merchandising outlets RIGHT NEXT TO EACH